You need to have enough money that is genuinely available to you to pay for your course fees, travel and living costs for you and your accompanying family members while you are in Australia.

You may need to provide specified documentary evidence of your financial capacity with your visa application. You can find out if you are likely to need to provide this evidence by using the Document Checklist Tool.  

The annual income option requires students to provide evidence of personal annual income of at least AUD 60,000. For students accompanied by family members the amount is AUD 70,000. The income demonstrated must be the personal income of your spouse (who is not travelling with you) or parents. In circumstances where both of your parents are working, their combined income can be considered for this requirement. In all cases, the evidence of annual income must be provided in the form of official government documentation, such as a tax assessment. 

Living cost amounts

From 1 July 2016, the 12 month living cost is: 

  • student/guardian AUD 19,830 
  • partner/spouse AUD 6,940 
  • child AUD 2,970.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *